Friday, November 21, 2008

Rainy Day in San Juan: To The Art Museum!


Sometimes it rains in Puerto Rico. Or sometimes you're so sunburned that you don't want to be outside. Or sometimes you like art. In any case, the Museum of Art in San Juan is a really great way to spend the day, and it's a quick hop off of the A5 bus. The art will really give you insight into the history, struggles, and culture of the Puerto Rican people. Plus there is a restaurant inside called Pikayo that is consistently rated among the best in San Juan, but you may need a reservation and some money to burn.

Sorry I don't have pictures, you can't take photos inside the museum. You'll have to go see!!!

Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico
Avenida De Diego 299
Santurce, Puerto Rico 00909
787-977-6277
http://www.mapr.org/inicio.aspx

Horarios:
Martes a sábado: 10:00 a.m. a 5:00 p.m.
Miércoles: 10:00 a.m. a 8:00 p.m.
Domingo: 11:00 a.m. a 6:00 p.m.

*Las galerías cierran 10 minutos antes de la hora
de cierre.

(P.S. I know I am the lamest blogger on the planet, but from now on, my postings are going to come at a super slow pace. Namely because 1. I am not on the island and 2. I am always studying. Sorry!)

No comments: