Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I’m Bringing Hungry Back

You know how when you are baking something in the oven, and you foolishly open the door and stick your face in to see if it’s done? Well, opening my room door in Puerto Rico is sort of like that, except instead of smelling banana bread, I smell either 1) the beach, 2) exhaust fumes, or 3) garbage. Now don’t get me long, I enjoy sweltering humid heat as much as the next masochist, but one thing has really been upsetting me about it- I am NOT HUNGRY. Seriously, I have been averaging about 1 meal a day, and I have been forcing myself just for the experience of eating, not because I’ve been hungry. Today, in a final act of desperation, I decided to do something to bring my appetite back. I will highlight with my morning phone conversations with one of my best friends, Brandon:

R: Sorry I missed your call, Bee, but GUESS where I was?
B: At the beach?
R: Nope!
B: At a restaurant?
R: Nope!
B: At a gay bar?
R: Bee, it’s 9:30 in the morning.
B: I seriously can’t think of any other place you would be. (Brandon knows me well.)
R: AT THE GYM!
B: WHAT?!

That’s right, ladies and gents, Renee joined a gym in Puerto Rico. Now some people might think, “Omg, someone joined a gym just so they could make themselves hungry so they could go stuff their faces??” Those people have obviously never met me. Although there is some perks, besides working up my appetite. I’ve been meaning to get back into shape, and this place offers fun Zumba classes, so I can get a little salsa movement in while I work out. I’ll let you know how it goes.
~ The new buff Renee

2 comments:

Felix-Le-Chat said...

Mmm yeah I know what you mean. I can't remember ever feeling hungry while the sun was out. Now when the sun sets... well that's another story. I was like a vampire only I would consume everything in sight!

Joining a gym... while in Puerto Rico? That's quite extreme. How could you combine the two? Only you Renee, only you.

x said...

i'm disappointed in you, renee danielle. you're just not the woman i thought you were. and by woman i mean bbw. and by bbw i mean fat kid.